How do you get more Natural air ( Pranayama )
Our mission is to spread the awareness on the benefits of pranayama and to help the people connect with themselves. We want to offer free yoga classes to encourage people to try yoga and fall in love with the practice.
This Sanskrit word can be broken down into “Prana” and “Ayama”. “Prana” means life force while “ayama” means to extend, simply to mean the art of learning to extend your life force through breath.
In a simple way, we can say that pranayama is a combination of systematic exhalation and inhalation.
If you practice pranayama regularly, it shows beneficial impacts upon the respiratory system, circulatory system, digestive system and endocrine system. Pranayama ensures more oxygen to the lungs and good for hearts too. Pranayama tones up kidney and controls the functions of the nervous system.
Pranayama affects autonomic nervous system which controls heart rate, glandular secretions, respiration, digestion, and blood pressure.
Pranayama yoga must be performed in empty stomach. The best time for practice is the early morning, preferably before sunrise when the pollution is at its lowest level, and the body and brain are still free. However, if the morning is unsuitable, pranayama may be practiced after sunset, when the air is cool and pleasant. The place suitable for all kinds of Yoga must be clean and calm.
Benefits of Pranayama:
• Pranayama will help you in improving your concentration, besides strengthening your willpower.
• Reduction in the heart rate as well as the wear and tear of the heart
• Helping the body get rid of excessive fat and weight
• Curing problems that are related to the digestive system
• Enhancing the functioning of several organs, which include the kidneys, pancreas, intestines, diaphragm, lungs and the heart
• Pranayama helps in lungs expansion thereby improves its efficiency and makes it healthy.
• Removing the toxins from within the body
• Preventing various diseases by strengthening the immune system
• Getting rid of negative emotions like depression, anger, arrogance& so on
• Improving the circulation of blood throughout the body
• Reducing blood pressure, by relaxing the body and soothing the nerves
Some major types of pranayama yoga are as follows:
1. Nadi Sodhana
2. Shitali Pranayama
3. Ujjayi Pranayama
4. Kapalabhati Pranayama
5. Digra Pranayama
6. Bhastrika Pranayama
7. Bahya Pranayama
8. Bhramari Pranayama
9. Udgit pranayama
10. Anuloma & Viloma Pranayama
11. Agnisar Kriya
About breathing and Prana
We generally do not pay attention to how we breathe. Each of us began breathing when we were born without any previous training or experience. Our breathing reflects who we are and how we live. At times when we struggle, physically or intellectually, our breathing can become labored. Learn the powerful way of breathing in through a SUDARSHAN KRIYA With Pranayam simple yet powerful rhythmic breathing technique that de-stresses, and cleanses at the cellular level, and effectively draws you into a deep state of meditation.
What Else Do We Do?
- Doing yoga with pranayama – work shop
- Special meditation project
- Fitness maintenance program with guidance
- Yoga introduction programs are arranged all around Sri Lanka as per requests from schools, government and private sectors
- Vising instructors are arranged for any country anywhere as needed. Feel free to contact us.
Contact following yoga experts for your requirements as per your country
Shashi Prashar ( America ) +1 2065038605
Saji Kumarayan ( India ) +971551465275
Jayalath S Janaranjana( Srilanka ,Dubai ) +971556277860
Sarita Kalibatti ( India )+971561423034
Seeja Mohan ( India )+971552006510
Anoja Jayalath ( Sri Lanka )+94717654487
We are inviting you to attend the HAPPINESS PROGRAM YOGA CLASS